Table of Contents
Importance of Physical Activity & Nutrition to Prevent Diseases
Importance of Physical activity, exercising and eating nutritious food are vital for your overall health and well-being- regardless of your age!
Relevant researches demonstrate that daily physical activity can lower your risks of several diseases and improve your quality of life. Participating in any form of physical activity is proven to reduce the risks of mortality and morbidity from several chronic disorders.
Important Facts About Health Concern
- 12.6 million people have coronary heart disease
- 1.1 million people suffer from a heart attack in a given year
- 17 million people have diabetes; about 90% to 95% of cases are type 2 diabetes, which is associated with obesity and physical inactivity
- 300,000 people suffer from hip fractures each year
- 107,000 people are newly diagnosed with colon cancer each year
- 107,000 people are newly diagnosed with colon cancer each year
- 50 million adults suffer from obesity or overweight
ROLE OF HEALTHY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Health specialists believe that participating in healthy physical activity for a good 30-45mins, 5-days a week helps sustain good health. Such physical workouts benefit most organ systems (if not all of them). And consequently aids in averting a wide range of health diseases and complications.
So, men and women of all ages should look to derive substantial appreciative benefits from physical activity.
One statistic shows that – ‘Physical activity helps lessen the risks of dying or developing some of their major causes of illness in the States.’
Take a Look How Physical Activity Protects Against Diseases & Health Problems
- Being physically active helps reduce chances of dying prematurely due to heart disease or some other conditions
- Proper diet and activity lessens the possibilities of developing diabetes;
- It lessens the risk of getting high blood pressure;
- It helps to reduce blood pressure in people already having high BP
- Regular physical activity inhibits the possibility of colon and breast cancer
- It aids in maintaining proper body weight
- Maintain healthy body weight assists in building and maintaining healthy bones, joints and muscles
- It helps increase muscle strength, flexibility, posture and endurance
- Keeping yourself physically active helps prevent any bone loss due to aging
- It helps aged people to get stronger and makes them able to move better without risks of falling
- Proper nutritional diet helps limit depression and anxiety by stimulating the growth of new brain cells and enhancing learning and memory
- It helps bring about psychological well-being
And so on!
Importance of Physical Activity
Running or performing aerobic exercises is known to postpone signs or development of disability in aged folks.
What’s More, Indulging in Regular Physical Activity Helps –
- Strengthen the heart muscles
- Raises the HDL- High-Density Lipoprotein
- Lower LDL- Low-Density Lipoprotein
- Improves overall blood flow
- Enhances the heart’s working capacity
- And lowers your blood pressure
As regular physical activity optimizes each of these factors, it plays a crucial role in reducing the risks of Peripheral Vascular Disease.
ALONG WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY, A NUTRITIONAL DIET IS EQUALLY IMPORTANT
According to WHO –
Physical activity and a healthy diet are essential to proper nutrition intake and sustaining a healthy and long life! Consuming nutrient-rich food and aptly balancing the amount of energy intake and regular physical activity will help maintain a healthy weight at all stages of life.
Also, going for unbalanced food consumption, especially those high in fat, sugar or starch and low in proper nutrients, will lead to overweight and obesity issues.
WHO Further Establishes –
The total energy intake with physical workout and food quality prove to be the crucial factors in nutrition-based chronic diseases. Since not all fats are healthy and the same, it always bodes well to note the differences.
Moreover, their health specialists also state that one should eat fewer foods that are high in calories. Examples – Sugar, trans-fats and so on. Instead, they should include more fruits, vegetables, green veggies, legumes, and plant and marine origin foods.
In addition to these, you should consume less salt in your meals.
DIGGING DEEPER INTO HOW NUTRITIONAL EATING HELPS PREVENT DISEASES
Here is an old saying – “You Are What You Eat.”
In simple words- your diet dramatically impacts your overall health and helps avert possible life-threatening illnesses such as – diabetes, stroke and osteoporosis. So, it is vital to keep watch on what you eat each day.
Take A Look At How Nutritional Eating Keeps You Safe & Healthy.
- Healthy food consumption protects from Type-2 Diabetes, Heart Disease, and Weakening of Bones and Organ Failure. Plus, studies show that nutritional eating prevents obesity
- Healthy eating provides calcium, vitamins, proteins and other health-benefiting components
- Eating the right nutritional food makes you feel happier and more active. It helps in proper blood circulation and improves your Good Cholesterol levels, which prevent any risk of diseases
- Maintaining a healthy nutritional diet even decreases unhealthy triglycerides
WHAT TO INCLUDE MORE IN YOUR DIET ALONG WITH PHYSICAL ACTIVITY?
- Include more plant foods like – vegetables, whole grains, legumes, seeds, and fruits.
- Limit your intake of processed and added sugar food items. Some of them include – frozen pizza, instant noodles and soups, sweet and salty snacks, sugary drinks and baked food like cookies, donuts, muffins and cakes.
- Avoid consuming too much red meat or processed meats. Red meats like pork, beef and lamb increase the risks of colorectal cancer. Consume them in small quantities like no more than 18 ounces or 500 grams per week. It will give you the right amount of Iron, Proteins, Zinc and Vitamin B12. The same applies to processed meats like ham, sausage, hot dogs, bacon, pepperoni and other deli meat products.
- Also, limit your alcohol consumption as it can increase blood pressure, cause heart failure, dementia and cancer risks, namely – mouth, liver, colorectal, larynx, pharynx and esophagus cancers. Still, if you must, then it is best to stick to 1 drink/day (in women) and two drinks/day (for men).
It’s The Time to Invest on Your Health
After going through each of these relatable facts, there’s no denying how importance of physical activity and a nutritional diet regularly prevent dangerous illnesses and diseases. By successfully maintaining a healthy lifestyle, you won’t have to worry about chronic diseases like diabetes, osteoporosis, stroke, hypertension and certain cancers.
Moreover, some health specialists even opine that – physical workout, along with a nutritional diet, also proves advantageous for your mood. It makes you feel good, keeps you in high-spirit and even prevents conditions like depression, anxiety and insomnia from jeopardizing your sanity.
So, why not give it a try from today itself?
Incorporate physical exercise and a healthy diet into your lifestyle.
Be the change that not only makes you feel good, solid and healthy but also inspires others to do the same.