The growth rate of cardiovascular disease in young adults is increasing rapidly. It is very much important to know how to lower heart rate and maintain cardiovascular wellness.
In today’s world, everyone is running. Nobody has the time to wait. Even we are scared to walk 500 meters for a walk, waiting for transport. No one has the time to take care of their own body. So the majority of young adults are victims of serious cardiovascular disease that causes sudden death.
Cardiovascular fitness is very necessary. The wholesale body functions with the help of the brain, which is connecting to the heart. The heart purifies our blood and sends it to other regions of our body.
The heart rate helps you to know the efficiency of your heart. Generally, lower heart rates are good for heart health. A normal heart rate of an adult is 60 to 100 beats per minute.
If you want to know how to lower heart rate, you must follow a healthy diet, do regular exercise, and have plenty of green vegetables and fruits. These are an effective solution to keep your heart and overall health in the long term.
Table of Contents
Why is it necessary to keep a check on heart rate?
Regular exercise is necessary because your heart pumps more blood when you do workouts and reaches each part of your organs and muscles. Here are some factors why you should know how to lower heart rate:
To stay fit and healthy A healthy diet and physical activity are important to strengthen your heart because the heart is also a muscular organ and it can not get rest till the death.
Higher heart rates over time can increase blood pressure, causing death because of the rupture of blood vessels. Those who do regular exercise or are an athlete have a lower heart rate because they have a good functional heart.
Good habits can help you get a perfectly healthy heart. So, change your habits and do regular exercise with a healthy diet.
Smoking is a dreadful habit which damages your lungs and blocks the blood vessels which connect your heart. Tobacco leaves carbon monoxide, which is detrimental to health.
The adrenaline is producing from nicotine, and the amount of oxygen gets reduced in your body. This increases your heart rates and can also cause death.
You must have excellent control over your emotions. Emotions can also increase heart rates, such as stress, fear, and anxiety. See the Influence of 10 Types of Anxiety Disorders on the Quality of Life
You should always consult a physician or a doctor for any health problems. They give you medical advice such as the amount of dosage you should take and the timings of taking your medicines.
Some people take medicines of high dose without consulting a doctor, which can affect the heart severely.
How to measure heart rates?
Want to know how to lower heart rate? There are techniques for measuring heart rates. You can measure heart rate by checking the pulse.
Pulse is creating when the heart pumps blood throughout the body. You can feel the pulse rate on arteries under the skin surface.
You can also feel the pump of blood in several places such as the neck, elbow, foot top, but the wrist is the common place where everyone checks a pulse rate.
To check the pulse rate, you must put the tips of your two fingers; the middle finger and the index finger on your wrist. Then give a slight press until you feel the blood pumping from the bloodstream.
When you find your pulse, count the number of beats for a minute. If you get a maximum of 100 beats per minute, then your pulse rate is normal.
Resting Heart Rate –
The resting heart rate is the number of times the heart beats per minute. If you are in rest, your heart rate becomes slower and supplies the amount of oxygen needed by pumping blood.
“If you want to measure the resting heart rate, then the best time in the morning when you wake up from sleep”.
The heart rate usually stays between 60-100 beats per minute. If your heart is beating at higher rates, it is called tachycardia.
Long term tachycardia can cause cardiomyopathy which is a very fatal disease. The heart rates vary in different people. Your heart stays healthy if you have a lower heart rate.
A heart of excellent condition pumps more blood in every contraction and maintains a steady beat.
8 methods on how to lower heart rate –
If the heart rate is the primary reason, which is spiking to several issues. There are many emotional and environmental facts that affect your heart. It is important to stay happy with no stress and tensions.
Learn to fight your problems leniently without harming yourself. You should change your lifestyle and get a habit of living a healthy life.
The most significant thing is to have healthy food, which is less in fats. Here are some methods to lower heart rates:
1. It is very efficient to learn box breathing, which is practicing deep breathing. You can practice breathing in the early mornings when the air is fresh and clean. See the Diaphragmatic Breathing Benefits: An Experts Opinion
2. Relaxation is also very vital to stay calm. Prepare a new routine that can guide you to wake up early in the morning and sleep early at night.
3. It is very effective to stay away from the urban environment and go for a long walk in the early mornings.
4. Do yoga every day to keep your body flexible and stay fit. The world is full of challenges, so you need strength to fit from it. So, staying fit with a healthy heart is necessary.
5. Have a warm bath after completing your exercise. Warm bath gives you a relaxing feeling which freshens up your mood.
Diet and Food Habit –
6. It is very important to stay hydrated. Hydration keeps you healthy and prevents heart disease. If your body is dehydrated, it becomes harder for the heart to pump blood and regulate oxygen. So, keep drinking water and beverages every day.
7. You must assure a healthy balanced diet. Your diet should be rich in protein, vegetables, fruits, legumes, and many other foods needed to stay strong.
8. Have foods rich in antioxidants and comprise healthy fats. Have whole grains and foods rich in omega3 such as nuts, grains, lean meat, fish.
It is also essential to have food rich in vitamins and minerals. If you are a cardiac patient, follow the 7 Days cardiac diet meal plan breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas
You can also try some Superfoods on regular basis.
Medical Conditions on how to lower heart rate –
It is estimated that if your heart rate becomes very slow (bradycardia), it can cause your health problems. Lower heart rates are good as it shows the signs of a healthy heart, but the heart’s very slow working can damage your health.
Many experts, such as American heart specialists, can guide you if you have any problems such as heart pain or shortness of breath. They give you the best medicine you need. You get relief on the intake of medicine.
The medicines specifically for heart disease are made up of herbs, such as potent cardioactive glycosides.
This element produces positive inotropic action. The heart diseases can prevent if you take the drug digitoxin. You must consult a good cardiologist who can help you stay healthy and active with a healthy heart.
How can you prevent heart disease?
Cardiovascular disease is becoming the leading disease that is suffered by most people in this world. This is also becoming the primary reason for death.
More than thousands of people are dying because of a heart attack and other heart diseases. There are many things which hit to heart disease, and these are risk factors. The risk factors are giving below:
- The growing age is the key factor of this heart disease. The risk increases as you get older day by day. The age limit of men is 40, and the woman is 55 and above. So, it is necessary to follow and maintain a healthy diet with good habits.
- Gender is also another factor that causes heart attack and other heart diseases. There is more risk in women than in men because estrogen protects against diseases, but diabetes can cause a heart attack and other heart diseases.
- Places, where people are suffering from famine and shortage of food, get very little nutrition or no nutrition, causing the risk of a heart attack.
- Heredity is another reason for heart diseases or the chances of a heart attack. If any of your family members died because of heart disease, there are chances of a heart attack.
Keypoint to lower heart rates –
Sometimes high resting heart rate can cause a heart attack and several other heart diseases. It is very important to keep track of the heart rate.
The heart rate is the number of beats per minute. The heart rate keeps changing throughout the day according to the oxygen need of your body. Here are some steps to stay healthy:
- You must check your blood pressure regularly. High blood pressure is the major risk of heart attack and cholesterol. Have nutritious food which has magnificent property can increase your level of potential to work.
- A low heart rate means you are healthy but then also be healthy and not overweight. Excessive weight means having a lot of fat and fat-based food. The fat gets collected in different regions of organs. So, you must have low-fat foods.
There are some symptoms that show the signs of a heart problem. You must take precautions after seeing the symptoms of heart disease.