The word ‘Rehab’ is often associated with different addictions, alcohol, and drugs. These support groups professionally treat patients suffering from depression (caused by drugs or alcohol addiction). Alcohol and drug addiction commonly generate depression. Rehab is a place equipped with various treatment programs to identify and treat addictions and their effects. Depression rehab centre is also a better place to treat depressed patients.
If you need professional medical assistance for such depression, depression rehab centres are an efficient place for patients struggling with depression.
There are different kinds of Rehab centers for depression patient. Dual diagnosis rehabs extend their help in treating both mental illness and substance-use complications. Few other rehabs provide services to treat schizophrenia, trauma, eating disorders, and OCD.
Understanding the Depression Deeply
Depression doesn’t establish ordinary sadness. The symptoms of clinical depression are mood fluctuations or disorder and immense sadness. This could last for a few weeks or more than that.
Depression might affect the sleeping pattern and quality, relationship with family members and peer groups, mental clarity, performance standard, activity level, appetite, and eating habits. Sometimes excessive intoxication can cause depression.
Types of depression
1. Psychotic feature (Hallucination, delusion, and depression)
2. Atypical features (feel heavy-legs-arms, increased sleep, change in appetite, feeling of rejection)
3. Seasonal pattern (depression triggers with season-change)
4. Peripartum onset (during or after pregnancy)
5. Melancholic features (wake earlier, change in appetite, the bad mood in the morning, feeling of guilt, agitation, and sluggishness)
6. Catatonia (repetitive and purposeless movements)
7. Anxious distress (restlessness, losing control over emotion and reactions)
8. Mixed features (mania, depression, excessive talking, increased self-esteem, and energy level)
- Abuses (physical, social, emotional or substance abuse)
- Side effects of medications
- Losses and death of near one
- Genetic inheritance
- Critical illness
- Addiction (alcohol and drugs)
- Social isolation
Depression degrades the quality of life. Depression rehab centre enhances different therapies and treatments for depression.
Mental health professionals identify the causes and intensity of depression; their effects on the patient’s life. After that, they follow a treatment plan for the recovery of that patient. If the depression and the depressed are ignored, it might lead to severe mental pain and complications, self-harm, and even death (by committing suicide).
People often choose different addictions such as drugs or alcohol, to self-treat depression. This self-treatment in such a mental condition is always dangerous and harmful. You might experience a list of its adverse impacts shortly.
Symptoms of depression
– Immense sadness
– Interrupted concentration
– Digestive complications
– Change in sleeping pattern
– Sudden change in body-weight
– Joint pain
– Suicidal tendencies and thoughts
Depression symptoms vary for different individuals. The intensity and frequency of the depression-symptoms are also case-specific.
Rehab’s Assistance for Treating Depression
A. Mild-moderate: Talking therapy is magically effective for the recovery from this stage of depression.
B. Moderate-severe depression:
– Antidepressant medications used are
- SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors)
- SNRI (Serotonin-norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors)
- MAOI (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors)
- Tricyclic antidepressant
– Mental health group support
– Combined therapy
The mental health professionals extend their assistance through different medications and therapies. ECT (Electro Convulsive Therapy) is often used as an anti-depression measure. Therapies and drugs are not the same for all depressed patients. The treatment is generally based on the cause, intensity, and frequency of depression.
Depression rehab commonly focus on addiction treatments. If the depression-symptoms could be identified in the early phase, it would take little time to get rid of depression.
Effective medications and therapies can eliminate the root of depression. The patient or the patient’s family members strictly follow the doctor’s advice for effective and early recovery.
The Effect of Depression
The impact of depression is always unique to the individual patient. Every patient feels different emotional, social, and mental distraction. Rehab will go through all of your symptoms. They will further analyze the symptoms and their impact on you. Finally, they will chalk-out the most effective medications and therapies for you.
If this assistance does not help you effectively, the mental health professionals refer you to the inpatient rehab-assistance. They will craft a well-structured and scientific treatment plan to know you in a better way.
Here you can better express the causes and issues of your addiction and mental discomfort. It would help if you were admitted to rehab. The doctor’s team and other health care staff will continuously monitor you as required. You will feel better with their consultation, medication, 24*7 assistance, and a healthy environment. You can explore a better ‘you’ there. You can try 24 Hour Depression Hotline Number & Depression Helpline for Youth
A residential-depression rehab-centre is another useful option for effective and speedy recovery from addiction and depression. You can follow the medications and therapies for restoring mental stability and physical activity, staying at home. Home is always a safe and familiar place than any other safe zone. This will provide an additional comfort zone for a speedy cure.
Important Role of Depression Rehab Centre
The responsibilities of the rehab centre are,
– Admission of patients with addiction and depression
– Consultation sittings with the patient and family members
– Identify the symptoms
– Understand the causes, faced-challenges, and issues of the patient (over the phone or face-to-face conversation)
– The medical professionals can contact the previous assistance group of the patients to know and analyze in a better way
– They can give the details of prior medication, therapies, physical condition, mental state, addiction habit, and lifestyle pattern
– This information will determine the intensity of the symptoms and how effectively the treatment will respond
– This information will never leak. These are treated as entirely private.
The rehab-medical professionals will talk to you, your family, and previous doctors to gather detailed information about you in simpler words. This will help the rehab to understand and analyze you in a better way.
After this critical stage, they will structure a cure for your depression and addiction with effective medications and therapies.
The rehab team will monitor you constantly after having their prescribed medication and therapies. They will arrange consultation sessions to understand you after their support.
The Role of Rehab Professionals for Treating Depression
The rehab professionals continuously provide assistance and therapy thorough screening and consultation sessions to graph your progress. Based on that, they might change their medications and therapies to beat addiction and depression. All the information they gathered about you is safe and secure. They will never leak those to anyone, except emergency.
If you are admitted to any reputed rehab, you need to go through a series of medical, psychiatric, and psychometric tests. This will determine the actual cause of your symptoms, whether mental or physical.
The depression rehab centre will communicate the treatment plan, and the test result to you and your close-one. They can assign you to group therapy for depression. Here a group of mental-health professionals will monitor, contact and alter the support as needed.
The extended help of residential rehab for depression
– Psycho-educational sessions
– Individual therapy
– Group therapy
– Family therapy
– Equine therapy
– Art therapy
Evidence-based reviews establish that the depressed patients recover effectively residing both at the residential-rehab-centres and rehabs. They come out quickly from their nightmare phase of addiction and depression.
They could reduce anxiety and stress, reshape the sense of self-esteem, rebuild self-confidence, improve the body acceptance capacities, develop intense concentration, balance daily life and activities and enhance performance and mental stability.