Table of Contents
Understanding the Depression in Men Deeply –
Before going to depth, one should know what the depression in men is. Generally, people think that men re strong and can manage their emotions, even the males also think the same. Men always try to hide their emotional expressions.
They act that nothing happened with them, even when they are under severe depression, stress and mental pressure. Men need to understand that express the emotions or stress is not the scaling down the masculinity.
Depression, anxiety, tension, and stress are the most common hurdles in every day’s life. This depression affects the performance standard, daily schedule, relationship status, social life, energy level, enjoyment, and lifestyle.
Most of the time, depression in men remains ignored as they do not want to open up about their difficulties and symptoms of depression. This mostly impacts the performance standard, sleep disturbance or insomnia, sexual problems, and body aches.
Such kind of untreated depression has adverse and serious consequences in the long run. Another risk of male depression is the suicidal tendency.
Studies revealed that depressed men have the suicidal tendency 4 times more than in women. They need a strong support system from the peer group during such phases.
This depression is curable with proper medication and therapy once diagnosed.
The symptoms of depression in men –
The men want to carry out a role-play of the escapist while he is in depression. The identified symptoms are –
- Anger is the most common symptoms of depression in men. Losing the nerves easily, irritation, criticizing others, sexual dysfunction, digestive problems and constipation, frequent headaches, and sleeping disorders are the common symptoms for the men in depression.
- Depressed men often prefer to live reckless lives. They pamper the smoking habit and alcohol consumption, unsafe sex, rash driving, and gambling.
- Digestive malfunctioning, body aches, sexual dysfunction, and sleeping disorder are additional sufferings for depressed men.
The signs of depression in men –
- Loss of interest in activities, friends, and family.
- Agitation and irritation.
- Aggressive, restless and short-tempered.
- Love negative thoughts.
- Change in appetite, sleeping behavior, and body weight.
- Continuous degradation of performance level.
- Love in self-medication, reckless behavior, uncontrolled lifestyle, and increased consumption of alcohol.
The deadly factors –
Biological, social and psychological factors are responsible for the depression in men. Other than that, the factors like coping skills, relationship and lifestyles are also important factors for stress and depression. The factors are –
- History of drug abuse and alcohol.
- Loneliness and low social support.
- Aging and long-term sickness.
- Not competent to deal with stress and depression.
- Childhood abuses and trauma.
Erectile dysfunction and depression –
- Depression increases erectile dysfunction.
- Men often become reluctant about such sexual problems. That impacts the relationship with partners.
- Sexual dysfunction often triggers the level of depression and stress.
The treatment of depression –
The support system from the peer group is an effective secrete to get rid of male depression. That will enhance the energy level and mood over time. You can try 24 Hour Depression Hotline Number
- Change in the food habit, sleeping pattern, and lifestyle change will also give significant improvement during the phase of depression. This 10 Amazing Tips For a Healthy Lifestyle help to lead a quality life.
- Practicing relaxation techniques are also good alternatives for reducing the level of stress and depression.
- Sunlight is a very good mood booster. You need to spend some time under the sun. This will increase the positivity and energy. You will feel fresh and find enthusiasm for a fresh start.
- Watching entertaining shows on television and listening to favorite music is a considerable good way to wash out depression. You can try this 5 Secrets Effective Natural Remedies for Depression.
You need to spend sometimes in exercising and practicing yoga. These will refresh your mind with a tide of positivity and enthusiasm.
- Have a brisk walking.
- Try to have light foods but nutritious.
- Minimize carbs and sugary food from your food schedule.
- Avoid negative thoughts and negativity.
Sometimes the symptoms are out of control and interrupt the daily schedule significantly. In such cases, you need to visit the medical consultant as early as possible.
The Positive Side –
The first thing, you need to change is to change the mentality about depression in men. You should not ignore the symptoms of depression.
Proper diagnosis and treatment can drag you out from the difficult situation of depression. You can re-enjoy life to the fullest.
Also Read –