We all hear the proverb “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” but an apple is not adequate to maintain good health. We all know that fruit is good for our overall physical and mental health. All fruits are not adequately healthiest fruits for our health. Few of the fruits contain a sufficient amount of essential nutrients to have good health. This article will explain the top 10 best fruits to eat daily and its benefits.
Nutritional value of fruits
- Fruits contain low sodium, calories, and fat. The fruits do not contain cholesterol.
- Fruits are the easy and beneficial sources of under-consumed nutrients such as folic acid, potassium, vitamin C, and dietary fibers.
- The potassium enriches fruits help to maintain balanced blood pressure. Such sources are apricots, dried peaches, prunes, orange, honeydew melon, and banana.
- The dietary fibers help to lower the level of cholesterol, and risk of cardiac complications. This also reduces diverticulosis and constipation.
- It’s better to have fruits rather than fruit juices as they do not contain the dietary fibers.
- The Vitamin C of fruits helps to maintain healthy teeth and gum, heal wounds and cuts, and repair and grow body tissues.
- Folic acid increases RBC formation. The pregnant lady consumes a significant amount of folic acid. This helps to lower the risk of defects in neural tubes, anencephaly, and spina bifida.
Health benefits of fruits
There are countless health benefits to taking fruits every day. Regular consumption of fruits reduces the risk of developing cancer.
- This provides adequate calories to have a healthy body.
- It also fulfills the potassium and fiber requirements of our bodies.
- Regular intake fruits lower the risks of cardiac complications like stroke or other critical health conditions.
- Fruits provide essential nutrients to the body and keep the body healthy and fit.
- Some fruits are extra- loaded with essential minerals, a plant compound, and other nutrients.
- These natural sources provide health benefits with no side-effects until you are not allergic to a specific compound.
- Fruits are easy to get and easy to digest.
Top 10 best fruits to eat daily
There are lots of healthiest fruits are available in the market. But all are not helpful for every person. So, the question is what fruits should you eat every day for your good health?
Here are the top 10 healthiest fruits of the planets which anyone takes on a regular basis. Choose the best fruits to eat daily to stay healthy
Pineapple wins the title of the super-fruit among the tropical fruits. 131 percent Vitamin C RDI (Reference Daily Intake) and 76 percent manganese RDI are fulfilled by having 237 ml of pineapple juice.
Pineapple is enriched with bromelain. This an enzyme mix and it helps to improve the digestive functionalities. This is also known for its anti-inflammatory property.
According to the animal and test-tube studies, bromelain protects against tumor growth and cancer.
This belongs to the family of citrus fruits. This is an enriched source of minerals and vitamins. Along with such benefits, this reduces insulin resistance and body weight.
A study was conducted to understand the weight loss capacity of grapefruits. 91 people had half grapefruits before having their meals. They were able to reduce body weight by 1.3kgs.
This study reveals another fact that grapefruits help to lower insulin resistance and insulin levels. This is also helpful to reduce the level of cholesterol and resist against kidney stones.
Blueberries are significantly healthiest fruit. This is enriching with essential fibers such as vitamin C, manganese, vitamin K.
This contains a higher level of antioxidants. According to the research, the anti-oxidants containing is the highest in blueberries.
This property helps to lower the risks of Alzheimer’s, cardiac complications, and diabetes. This is also a well-known natural immunity booster.
You can have a strong memory and active brain by having the blueberries regularly.
Avocado is unique for its components. This is enriched with healthy fats but scanty in carbs. Avocadoes contain a higher level of oleic acid. Oleic acid keeps the heart healthy and reduces inflammations.
It also enriches this fruit with magnesium, potassium, and fibers. Having an avocado fulfills the 28 percent potassium RDI. This reduces stroke and blood pressure.
This is another healthiest fruit. It is enriched with essential nutrients. Along with that, it contains plant compounds that have effective benefits to health.
Pomegranate contains a higher level of anti-oxidants. The anti-oxidant contains is three times than red wine and green tea. This also possesses the ingredients to lower the cancer risk and anti-inflammatory properties.
This fruit is incredibly nutritious. This possesses Vitamin K, essential fibers, potassium, vitamin B, and Vitamin C. An individual can be benefitted by consuming an apple daily.
The benefits include lower risks of developing Alzheimer’s disease, reduce diabetes (type 2), and cancer. This helps to increase the density of bone and thus provide strong and healthy bones.
An apple contains prebiotic fibers. These are called Pectine. This helps to improve metabolic health and better digestion by feeding the good bacteria within the gut.
It contains potassium, folate, Vitamin C, and manganese. It contains a significantly lower glycemic index. Even the sweetest strawberry is not responsible to increase the blood sugar significantly.
This helps to lower the risks of developing chronic diseases as it possesses antioxidant properties. They are extremely effective in the reduction of the risks of developing tumors and cancers.
This is popularly known as “the king of the fruits” for its delicious taste. Other than this, mango contains a higher level of Vitamin C and soluble fibers.
Mango is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These properties reduce the risks of several choric illnesses.
Mango contains beneficial plant compounds that are effective in controlling diabetes.
This is a popular and natural Vitamin C source. This controls the high blood pressures and blood lipids to the reduced level and thus protects the cardiac health.
According to the research result, lemons are effective in the reduction of body weight. As lemon contains an organic acid (citric acid), it prevents stone formation in kidneys.
It contains a large variety of nutrients like copper, Vitamin K1, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and manganese. This fruit is enriched with flavanol polyphenols, an antioxidant.
Taking cranberries regularly improves holistic health. These are extremely beneficial in preventing infections in the urinary tract.
Cranberry contains a higher level of proanthocyanidins (A-type). This eliminates the bacteria from the urinary and bladder. This also prevents the bacteria to attach to the urinary tract and bladder.
The above-mentioned fruits are the best fruits to eat daily to improve immunity and maintain good health.
Other than these super-fruits you can make your meals loaded with essential nutrients by having durian, watermelon, olives, blackberries, bananas, oranges, guava, purple and red grapes, cherries, and papayas.
You can have a slim, trim, healthy, and active body by having fruits regularly. You can collect sufficient energy by having fruits every day.
Otherwise, you can make a fruit salad by adding different fruits to the benefits and power of the fruits. You can consult with a dietician because few people are allergic to different fruits.